What is a PEMS?
A PEMS, short for Portable Emissions Measurement System used to assess the performance of both fixed and mobile equipment, with a strong emphasis on assessing a system’s compliance to various emissions standards and other legislative requirements.
As a portable system, they are capable of providing a much more accurate view of a system’s operation in a real-world operational environment than other methods such as emissions measurement taken in a workshop while a vehicle or engine is fitted to a dynamometer.
What are the benefits of the GasMastor PEMS?
In addition to measuring exhaust gas emissions (which are the focus of most PEMS), the GasMastor PEMS has been developed to also provide the ability to measure a large range of other metrics associated with the GasMastor system, including those unique to the GasMastor system’s operation.
The GasMastor PEMS consolidates a range of data using existing high quality industry grade sensors and analysis. It is an affordable solution that provides whole and concise overview of the system’s performance in both fixed and mobile environments. All data is recorded in real time with each parameter comparable to any other parameter allowing detailed analysis.
The key metrics recorded by the system are as follows:
- Gas Substitution
- Diesel Consumption
- Gas Consumption
- Engine/GasMastor ECU
- Exhaust Gas Temperature
- Manifold Pressure
- Coolant Temperature
- GasInjector Duty
- Gas Emissions
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Hydrocarbons (HC)
- Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx)
- Particulate Matter Concentration
- GPS (Mobile Systems Only)
- Speed Over Ground
- Significant reductions in CO2, NOx and particulates.
- Substituting more expensive diesel with a cheaper gas delivers significant $$$ savings.
- Using a flammable gas to encourage complete combustion greatly increases the efficiency of the engine.
- Soot is the abrasive by-product of combustion. Lower soot build up extends engine life.
- Engine oil analysis allows an extension of maintenance intervals and lowers life-of-engine maintenance costs.
- The additional gas supply effectively extends the range/running time of the engine.